The Tenth Conference of Heads of States of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) countries held on 1-6 September 1992 concluded among others the idea of providing scholarships by the Ministry of Education and Culture, which is now the Ministry of National Education (MONE).
In 1993 the Government of the Republic of Indonesia started offering postgraduate (master degree) scholarships to students from the NAM member countries.
However, since 2002, after the cold war ended, the scholarship has been offered to citizens of developing countries such as Thailand, Fiji, South Korea, Suriname, Guyana, Turkey, Vietnam, and Vanuatu. This scholarship has attracted more applicants. Over the years up to 2008, 381 students from 42 countries have completed the NAM scholarship program.Considering that the international political development has made the use of the term “NAM” irrelevant, this scholarship program has been renamed Beasiswa Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) or Developing Countries Partnership (DCP) Scholarships
The aims of the scholarship are:
1.to promote deeper cultural understanding among developing countries;
2.to strengthen the relationship and mutual cooperation among developing countries;
3.to contribute to the development of human resource quality
The scholarship is offered to postgraduate (Master Degree) students to study at one of the universities in Indonesia for 3 years, consisting of one year of the Indonesia Language and Preparatory program and 2 years of master program with the arrangement as follows:
1.Fields of study
1. Financial assistance
- Settlement Allowance will be given through the university at the same time with the Living Cost.
- While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, a student will get Rp. 1.200.000,/month (living cost only).
- During their Master programs in Indonesia, the students will get:
- Living Cost (monthly) = Rp. 1.200.000)
- Research Allowance (monthly) = Rp. 400.000,- (to be given at the beginning of the third semester)
- Books (monthly) = Rp. 350.000,-
- The tuition fee will be covered by the government of the Republic of Indonesia
- A round-trip international airfare (economic class) from the international airport of the students home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university.
2. Health insurance
- The students are eligible for health check up at a public health center referred to by the host university
- health insurance given ti the students is based on the recommended doctor’s statement. Should students see specialists including dentist , eye specialists and maternity specialists, they should bear all the cost.
- The government of Indonesia will allocate Rp 150.000,-/month/student for health insurance
- The maximum age is 35 years
- Has a bachelor degree or its equivalent
- Has a TOEFL score of 450 or equivalent
- Completes and submits the application form and must be nominated by the respective overnment
- If Successful, while studying in Indonesia:
- will comply with the Indonesian Government and host university regulations
- will not work or join any political activity
- agrees not to change the place of study and study program selected
- students who have already enrolled or participated in this program are not eligible for this program.
F. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Submitted documents:
- The Completed Application Form
- Official letter of the candidate nomination from the respective candidate’s government official
- A photocopy of passport or birth certificate
- A certified photocopy of diploma and academic transcripts (translated into English)
- A health certificate from a recognized medical doctor in the candidate’s home country.
- The completed application form and all the supporting documents above must be sent to:
Head, Bureau of Planning and International Cooperation
Ministry of national Education
The Republic of Indonesian
C building, 7th Floor
Jalan Jendral Sudirman-Senayan, jakarta 10270
Tel/Fax: (62-21) 5738181, 5709446/45, 5724707
Director of Public Diplomacy
Ministry if Foreign Affairs
Jalan Taman pejambon No. 6, Jakarta
Tep. (62-21) 3813480 Fax. (62-21) 3858035
through the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in the respective canditate’s home country.
In the regard, all the supporting documents must be scanned and sent as attachments. In additionm the candidate must inform the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in the candidate’s country of residence of his/her application.